What kind of service do you provide for your employees? Larry at Larry’s Classic Quality Brake & Mufflers told me a few things he does to show his employees that he cares. Let me tell you a few of them:
- He buys lunch for each employee every day.
- On Fridays, if his staff has delivered great service, he treats them to a steak!
- He doesn’t ask his staff to clean the bathroom – he does.
- He gives his staff second chances. (One staff quit, he invited that employee back to work and now this man is one of his most loyal employees)
- He gives his staff “first” chances. (Larry gave a high school drop-out with an opportunity to succeed at repairing cars – today this young man is one of his most talented repairman in his garage)
- He sees his role to be a role model to his staff – promoting hard work and integrity and a positive attitude toward others
Think about practical ways you can show your staff that you care. Perhaps it is not buying them a meal – but maybe you can recognize their efforts, provide them with more opportunities, and treat them as your best customers – because that is who they are!